As states begin to reopen, the food service industry is working hard to deliver the guidance that restaurants, cafes, and other establishments need. Safety is first and foremost on everyone’s mind and guidance will be ongoing as officials learn what works and what doesn’t.
While we’ve all still got questions, there are a few things that we have learned - like the fact that using personal protective equipment (PPE) and washing our hands better than ever are effective means of protecting ourselves and others from COVID-19.
That’s why it’s no surprise that current guidance recommends including both those measures in any reopening plans.
The National Restaurant Association released reopening guidance created with the help of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), public health officials, industry representatives, academia, the Conference for Food Protection, and Ecolab Inc. The guidance covers four areas: Food Safety, Cleaning and Sanitizing, Employee Health Monitoring and Personal Hygiene, and Social Distancing.
Here are a few of their recommendations:
- Train all employees on the importance of frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers
- Give clear instructions to employees to have them avoid touching their hands to their face
- Put sneeze guards in place where necessary
- Change, wash, and sanitize utensils frequently
- Between seatings, clean and sanitize table condiments, digital-ordering devices, check presenters, self-service areas, tabletops, and common-touch areas
Additionally, the FDA has shared its own guidance for retail food stores, restaurants, and food pick-up/delivery services, as have the CDC, EPA, and OSHA.
These different guidelines include:
- Employers pre-screening employees with a temperature check, and employees regularly self-monitoring by taking their own temperature
- The use of masks by employees
- The frequent disinfecting and cleaning of work spaces and equipment
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- The use of gloves to avoid direct hand contact with ready-to-eat foods
Gloves, masks, disinfectants -- this is where we want to help. If your food establishment is ready to re-open, even partially, we want to support you in achieving that milestone. That is why we’ve transitioned our factories to producing the PPE you need. We are ready to provide a steady supply of:
- Respirators and disposable face masks
- Touch-free thermometers
- Hand sanitizers
- Hand wipes
- Medical gloves
- Protective eyewear
- Protective wear, like gowns
- Additional PPE essentials and cloth masks
We provide delivery within a week and free shipping to all U.S. locations. We have worked with the FDA to ensure that all our products have the necessary requisite certifications. In addition, our KN95 industrial-grade respirators are manufactured to EEA standards. Providing disposable, one-use masks for your staff and clients is one of the best ways to keep everyone safe. Disposable masks cut transmission rates by as much as 99% and ensure that employees start everyday with sterile PPE.
We are all in uncharted territory, and don’t know exactly how long reopening processes will take. Will we be wearing masks all year? Will singing while washing our hands be a new national pastime? It’s unclear. What we do know is that our communities matter, and that we will recover best by working together. Contact us today and let us know how we can help you.